Thursday, September 16, 2010

To become worthy of blessings means to make success easy.

----------------------------------------------------------
Message for the day 16-09-2010
----------------------------------------------------------
To become worthy of blessings means to make success easy.

Projection: Thinking of benefit for the self increases to such an extent that it sometimes takes on the form of selfishness. When we are selfish we stop thinking about others or the effect that our action is going to have on them. Then we are not able to move forward with lightness because the good wishes and blessings of others are not with us.

Solution: In each and every action of ours we need to first check if it is going to be beneficial for us as well as for others. As much as there is benefit for others too in the task that we are doing, that much the good wishes of others will be there for the task. With these good wishes we will be able to move forward much faster and achieving success will be easy.

----------------------------------------------------------
Soul Sustenance 16-09-2010
----------------------------------------------------------

Rajyoga Meditation For Beginners



Let us practise the steps of Rajyoga meditation:

1. I hold in my mind the words Om Shanti, 'I am a peaceful soul': Let us reflect on this statement, or mantra. A mantra is something that frees the mind from wasteful and negative thoughts, stress and worry. A mantra is usually repeated over and over again in order to get the desired results. However, in meditation it is not a matter of repeating words over and over again without truly understanding them. Otherwise it becomes forced concentration. Concentration of the mind should be natural because, when it is so, the mind can remain in a state of peace and relaxation for a very long time. The result of this is a recharging of the battery of the self, a renewal of energy from inside.

How do we achieve this state of natural concentration on the thought, 'I am a spiritual being', 'I am a peaceful being'?

2. I reflect on 'OM'; the consciousness of 'I am'.
What does 'I am' mean? In this thought, the attention is drawn only to the present moment. I have no need to go into 'I was', 'I will be', 'I hope to be' or 'I should be'. To go deep into the self, I need to be completely in the present. This thought of 'I am' takes me into the consciousness of self-realisation.

3. I focus and concentrate on the thought until I stop thinking about it and experience it.

These are the primary steps of silence and must be mastered correctly.


In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+