Sunday, March 17, 2013

The one who checks himself constantly is the one who experiences progress.

Message for the day 

Expression: The one who keeps checking himself is also able to bring about a change in himself. Such a person takes each situation as a chance to learn something new and bring about some change for the better. So there is constant improvement in his life.

Experience: When something goes wrong, if I learn to check myself and bring about a change immediately, I will be able to experience constant progress. No situation will make me have negative feelings or make me stop, but I will be able to enjoy everything that comes my way.


Soul Sustenance 

Understanding And Overcoming Ego (cont.)

To conquer ego, humility and honesty are required. We need the courage to look into the self honestly and acknowledge that the characteristics of 'I know' and 'I control' exist and have to be removed, if there is to be truth and happiness inside. We need to remember the original 'I am' e.g. .I am a child of the Supreme Soul, similar to him in qualities and powers., .I am the soul which is seated on the Supreme Being.s (God.s) heart throne., .I am a knowledgeful soul., .I am a blissful soul who gifts everyone with the treasure of happiness. etc.

Through meditation and remembering the true .I am. (shared above), the pollution of the selfish ego is gradually replaced by the remembrance and the experience of the pure self: the 'I' that is not attached to anything, or anyone, but is completely whole within itself. The expression of this pure entity is not selfish but selfless and the person begins to share with others, everything that he/she possesses . knowledge, specialties, talents, virtues etc. where necessary, facilitating the awakening of the true potential of others, just like sunlight. Light is a great facilitator. It steps in, awakens and then moves on. An ego less person acts, interacts and expresses themselves in this way.        

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+