Saturday, March 8, 2014

The one who sacrifices name and fame is the one who gets recognition.

Message for the day

Projection: When we make a positive contribution we usually want to get recognition for it. We might not always say it in words but there is always an expectation that others should recognise our contribution. 

Solution: We need to make sure that we enjoy whatever we do. Since the task itself becomes enjoyable for us, we don't anymore expect recognition. The more we become free from expectations we get the love from others and recognition too. 



Soul Sustenance

Practical Positive Response Training To The Mind (Part 1) 

Meditation is a process in which I train the mind to consciously create those right type of thoughts that I wish to have, inside my mind, regularly in my daily routine. On the field of action, I am faced with various different types of negative and uncomfortable situations, which have the first and most immediate effect on my thoughts, before showing on my face in my expressions or in my words or actions. I do realize inside, that the thoughts (and as a result my physical response) created at these times are not the right ones. I want to inculcate a habit, whereby my thought patterns are only which I like or are the right, positive and powerful ones no matter what happens. 

So where do I start? Meditation is the start. Meditation is the time, when I consciously create positive thoughts. What benefit do I achieve from that? In these few moments, I am changing the deep and very old habit (not limited only to this birth) of creating the wrong type of thoughts, whenever I am faced with a situation which I do not like. How do I do this? I do this through the intellect. The intellect takes hold of the reins of the mind and chooses the direction in which it will travel. Why is it able to do this? Because, during meditation, I bring myself back to the knowledge or belief that I am a soul and my intellect accepts and absorbs this awareness. This belief then becomes the key to taking charge of what is going on in my mind. 

(To be continued tomorrow …) 

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+