Friday, January 31, 2014

True detachment is to be a master of all things that we use.

Message for the day 

Projection: Detachment is usually mistaken as being away from things because usually while using the facilities available we tend to get dependent on them. Such dependency is troublesome and so we sometimes give up using these facilities thinking that this is detachment which helps us to be free from their control. 

Solution: The solution lies in mentally detaching ourselves from the facilities we are using. That means we use them but we are not dependent on them. For this we need to remind ourselves that we are the creator and whatever facilities are available to us are the creation. This enables us to develop mastery and control over everything. 


Soul Sustenance 

How Often And Why Do I Need To Meditate – cont.? 

As explained yesterday, we regularly and quite easily slip into four main negative habits. So meditation is not only sitting in a quiet corner, and connecting with the self and the Supreme, at a couple of fixed times during the day, but it is also the way to gently remember and remind ourselves, many times in a day, that we as well as others, are souls or spiritual beings not physical beings, by detaching ourselves from actions and also while being involved in actions. These reminders given to the self over a period of time become natural and prevent us from succumbing to these four habits. Given below is a basic meditation, which you could use to remind yourself regularly during the day: 

I have a body but this body is not me… 
I have thoughts but these thoughts are not me … 
I have feelings but these feelings are not me … 
I have attitudes but these attitudes are not me … 
I have emotions but these emotions are not me … 
I have beliefs but these beliefs are not me … 
I perform many actions through my sense organs, but these sense organs are not me… 
I play many roles but I am not my roles… 
I experience joy or sorrow through my sense organs, but these experiences are not me … 
I am a soul – a being of energy, which is neither created nor can be destroyed, and my original and true nature is one of peace, love, joy and power… 

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+