Monday, October 29, 2012

Detachment brings stability.

Message for the day

Projection: When we use the facilities we have with detachment, we will not be influenced by them but will make full use of them. When we are attached to the instruments we will not be able to remain stable if those instruments are not available for us.

Solution: If I ever find myself in a situation where some facility which I use is not available for me, I need to remind myself that the facilities that I use are my creation and I need not be dependent on them. In this way I can maintain my stability.



Soul Sustenance

Experiencing God's Presence

I need to understand that God is a person (although the Supreme Person), like us, and not some formal or non-personal energy, with whom we cannot communicate and have a relationship. If I know God's form, location and .sanskars., I can direct my thoughts towards that One and immediately start experiencing the connection. The sentiment expressed in the phrase, .O God, wherever I am, you are with me', indicates the closeness of the soul and God. It expresses the experience of the presence of God, in a similar way to two lovers who carry each other in their hearts. In this way God's presence is a spiritual experience that I can have wherever I am. It doesn't mean literally that the Supreme Being is present in everything. It's a feeling and not a fact. The sun is the source of our physical necessities. It purifies the water, makes the plants grow to produce food and oxygen and provides a suitable range of temperatures for our life here. To give life it doesn't need to be present in every particle. Its effect in the form of light and heat is felt throughout the solar system. In the same manner, for the effective practice of Raja Yoga meditation (as taught by the Brahma Kumaris) God is seen as a sun of perfect .sanskars., the source of spiritual qualities and powers and, as such, doesn't need to be present in everything. Even though His residence is the soul world, God can be with me since the sense of closeness is beyond physical dimensions. One thought and I can experience Him in the soul world and be in His presence!

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+