Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Messenger of God.

----------------------------------------------------------
Message for the day 04-01-2011
----------------------------------------------------------
To be an instrument means to consider oneself as the messenger of God.

Projection: When there is the awareness of being an instrument of God, there is naturally a desire to do the best. Every task is marked with the stamp of one's own speciality. There is nothing negative visible, nor is there anything waste or ordinary. This is because there is constantly the aim to be the best in order to become a worthy instrument of God.

Solution: As I am an instrument of God - a beautiful instrument of God - I always find myself to be unique and special. I am the messenger of God Himself, as each and every word and every act of mine is marked with the quality of God. My intellect becomes so divine that God can work through me and bring benefit to those around me.

----------------------------------------------------------
Soul Sustenance 04-01-2011
----------------------------------------------------------

Inculcating Powers Through Rajyoga Meditation - The Power To Co-operate



In India, there is a saying that when everyone gave a finger of co-operation, the mountain of sorrow was lifted. If we look with open eyes at the world of today, and at current social, financial and environmental trends, it's clear that there is widespread suffering and sorrow, that it is likely to get worse, and that to remove this sorrow will be a task like lifting a mountain. Meditation ignites a conviction inside us that the task will be done. Although we have such different backgrounds, cultures, personalities, and so on; meditation shapes our personalities in such a way that it becomes easy for us to share our resources, work together, and give our own finger of co-operation in the task.

The way meditation achieves this is interesting. Look at the other side - at what prevents co-operation: it is ego, where I am in a state of self-glorification, hungry for personal praise or fame, and not concerned about the wellbeing of the team. In ego, I think I am the only one who knows, the one who is right. Ego kills co-operation. Ego is closely connected to body-consciousness. An enormous 'I and my' factor comes in when I think of myself as this body, and lose sight of the soul. My race, my color, my gender, my physical appearance, my education, my family, my job, my position, my possessions - all these become part of the build-up of ego. Working with others with co-operation, who may at any moment challenge my ego with their own different agendas and needs, then becomes stressful.

(To be continued tomorrow ....)

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+