Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It is only when you have love for yourself that you can forgive yourself.

Message for the day

Projection: Love gives you the power to forgive. Just as you find it easy to forgive a person you love, when you have love for yourself you can forgive yourself too. It is only then can you find yourself learning and progressing without making yourself heavy.

Solution: When you find yourself making a mistake, remind yourself that if you have to progress you have to forgive yourself. Learn from your mistake in such a way that you never repeat it and forgive yourself. Then you'll be able to move forward with lightness.

Soul Sustenance 

What Shapes Our Perception? (cont.)

There are four main criteria that may influence how our perception of reality is distorted or altered (changed). We had discussed “Mental Limits” yesterday. Today we continue to discuss the same:

Mental Limits (cont.)

Trapped by mental limits, some of which were discussed yesterday, human beings in general only use 10 per cent of their inner potential, and the other 90 per cent is available but is not used due to oversight (overlooking) or the lack of awareness that they have it.

Meditating helps us to cross these mental limits. Meditation takes us to a higher dimension over our physical identity that releases us from these limits.

Throughout our lives, and especially during our childhood, many impressions are formed about ourselves, since at the very beginning of our lives we do not know who we are or who we should be, until we learn it from those around us, who are older, and who know more things and who presumably love us.

One of the biggest mistakes we can make in our lives is to refer only to the opinions of others to work out who we really are.

When a parent or a teacher tells a child, "You are very naughty", "You are ignorant", or "You are lazy", this child is creating negative and false images about himself. It is quite possible that the child has said or done something wrong, but this does not mean that because of this they are naughty. It was their behavior that was bad. It is important to establish the difference between, "You are a naughty child", and "It is not right to scold your younger sister".

Due to the fact that many people confuse behavior with the person, negative beliefs are created that are not based on what is true and genuine, and these beliefs may be dragged along throughout the person's life – which then function like mental limits in the life of that person.

(To be continued tomorrow …)

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...