Friday, November 23, 2012

To be in good company means to be protected from the storms of situations.


Message for the day 

Expression: The one who understands the significance of what happens to him, is not affected by the various situations that come by his way. On the other hand, he is able to use such situations as gifts for his own personal progress. He is able to realize the importance of keeping such company that will enable him to overcome the negative impact and use it in a positive way.

Experience: When I take the support of good company to win over the negative impact that certain situations create, I am able to enjoy the growth process. Then for me situations are never those that can take me backward but they take me forward at every step. I am able to experience success at every step, whatever the situations may be.




Soul Sustenance 

Self Respect 

Self-respect depends on knowing who I am, knowing my eternal (ageless), spiritual self. When I have found that sense of spiritual identity, I feel I have a right to be here, to exist. Without the spiritual dimension, it is very difficult to really respect myself deeply. In this case, I base my respect on identifying with the superficial (artificial) aspects of my being: looks, gender, success, my life partner, my intelligence. With such artificial identification, I will never have a stable sense of self-respect, because people's opinions change. Today they love me, tomorrow they reject me. What is the result of depending on their opinions? I will end up fluctuating all the time - feeling positive when they say good things, and feeling down when they say negative things. To stay stable in my self-respect, I need to have a deeper understanding of my spiritual identity (the foundation of this being that I am a soul) and tap into those riches that are within me forever, waiting to blossom, like the flower from the seed.

As I become spiritually aware, those riches and resources start flowing out of me. The more stable I am in my self-respect and spirituality, the more I radiate what I truly am. I feel a deep sense of contentment and I am happy to be me, however I am. I accept myself as I am.


In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+