Friday, August 3, 2012

Detachment brings the power of realisation, which enables recognition of one's mistakes.

----------------------------------------------------------
Message for the day 03-08-2012
----------------------------------------------------------
Detachment brings the power of realisation, which enables recognition of one's mistakes. 

Projection: Detachment means to be detached from our old ways of thinking and habits. When we are detached, we have the power of realisation, which enables us to correct our mistakes without giving excuses. If not we'll just continue to prove to ourselves and to others that we are right even if we are not. 

Solution: When someone points at my mistake, it is good to get detached from my old nature and ask myself if there is anything that I can do to correct myself. When I am able to do this I get the power to learn and continue to improve myself with every criticism that comes my way. 



----------------------------------------------------------
Soul Sustenance 03-08-2012
----------------------------------------------------------

The Location And The Form Of The Soul 

When I look in a mirror I don't see ‘my’ reflection but that of my body. The soul is actually looking through the windows of the eyes from some point inside the head. When viewed from the front, this region appears to be between and slightly above the line of the eyebrows. As the brain is the control centre for all of the various processes of the body - metabolism, the nervous, endocrine, immunological, and lymphatic systems - it makes sense that the soul be located somewhere in the brain. Just as the driver in a car sits behind the wheel with the steering wheel in his hands, the soul sits in a specific point in the centre of the brain. This is important to know for meditation purposes because it is the place to which attention is first directed in the effort to concentrate the thoughts: I am the soul, a tiny point of conscious light energy centered in the spot between the eyebrows. 

(To be continued tomorrow …) 


In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+