Wednesday, August 29, 2012

To understand that problems are teachers is to remain fearless.


Message for the day

Projection: Wisdom enables us to move with time, slipping through life as gently and strongly as possible. When problems do come, we are able to remain fearless, learn from them and move on. Thus we are able to experience constant progress.

Solution: In any problem that I am faced with I need to remind myself that the situations around me will not remain the same, things might get worse too. If I am able to understand things and be flexible now I will be able to get prepared for all kinds of situations that I might be faced with in the future too. Wisdom brings fearlessness and enables me to recognize an obstacle from a distance and be prepared for it.



Soul Sustenance 

Motivation

For a process to happen effectively, I need to prioritise, that is, to make the best use of my time, energy and resources.

To prioritise, I also need to recognise and refuse clever excuses (for example, 'there is no time') and create a timetable that is realistic and functional. As I prioritise my values, then the type of motivation I have becomes clearer. Is my motivation materialistic or spiritual? The results of one and the other are very different.

Materialistic motivation is based on ambition, competition and a desire for position. Often we believe we cannot succeed without these and so think and act on the basis of these values. Often the results include conflict, fear, attachment, jealousy, possessiveness and over-identification of the self with a role, a position, which makes us feel threatened by anyone who is more talented or more praised. For example, when motivation is materialistic, there is always the fear of loss of something that, in turn, creates uneasiness, stress and worry.

Spiritual motivation is based on enthusiasm for a task, rather than blind ambition, co-operation with the uniqueness of others, rather than being in competition with those differences. Finally, the feeling to serve through whatever talent, position, or role I have.

The results of spiritual motivation are respect, harmony, individual and collective well-being, a sense of purpose and the feeling of a deep fulfillment in one's being.


In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+