Tuesday, August 14, 2012

To be free from one's own weaknesses means to be stable.

Message for the day

Projection: When we think of our weaknesses as 'our' nature, we will feel bound by them and not be able to overcome them. When there is the feeling of 'mine' there is a feeling of belonging, and naturally we feel a right to use that weakness. When we work with any weakness we will not be able to maintain stability. 

Solution: When I am confronted with my weakness, I need to develop the consciousness that I am the master, this weakness is not mine and I don't come in the influence of that which I have taken on from outside. I need to understand that my nature is not that of weakness, but of strength. Practicing in this way enables me to become free from weaknesses and remain stable in all circumstances. 


Soul Sustenance

Enhancing (Strengthening) Qualities With The Help Of Meditation (cont.) 

Experience and visualize the following words in your mind so that you begin to feel what is being described. Soothing music may be played in the background. 

I remove my awareness from my physical body and the room in which I sit and turn my attention inwards... 
I become aware of many thoughts going through my mind... 
I become the silent observer of my own thoughts watching each thought come and then move on like clouds in the sky... 
As I witness my thoughts, they begin to slow down... I focus my attention on the idea of peace... 
A wave of peace gently washes over me, removing all anxiety and tension from my mind ... 
There is just peace... In this moment, it is as if ... I ... am ... peace 
My mind is now calm and clear - peace feels like water that is fresh, still and clear. 
There is deep contentment within... I realize, this is my most natural state of being... 
Having returned to my natural state of peace. I sit for a while, enjoying these feelings of calmness and serenity... 

Now I visualize a situation that I know I will soon face in my office or at home. 
I see how I can maintain my state of inner peace arid how it affects my thoughts and words... I can feel the power of peace in my actions... 
I gently rehearse the scene and begin to see how the power of my inner peace is transmitted to others around me through my thoughts, words and actions and then reflected back to me by them... 
With this feeling of total peace, I gently return my awareness to this physical body to this room. 

Practice the above meditation for about 10 minutes at least twice a day. The best times are in the morning before the day starts and then once again in the night, before going to bed. 


In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+